Please see below for our latest Vacancies
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern:Full time
Advert Start Date:29/04/2021
Advert End Date:14/05/2021 12:00
Hours per week: 32.5
Closing date:14 May
Required for September 2021
The Governing Body are looking to appoint energetic, highly motivated teachers who are excellent classroom practitioners and also have a desire to work in Alternative Education. Those appointed will join us at an exciting juncture on the school’s improvement journey; they will be committed and enthusiastic team players and driven to raise standards.
The successful applicants will:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Be committed to safeguarding and the wellbeing of children
• Be passionate about education and committed to developing the potential of every child
• Maintain a focus on excellence in teaching, learning and assessment through an enriched curriculum
• Be confident in planning, assessing and target setting to meet the needs of all children in your class
• Have experience of SEND, inclusion and children with SEMH
• Be approachable and always willing to turn their hand to something new
• Have high expectations of pupil aspiration, achievement and behaviour and a consistent approach and ability to challenge unacceptable behaviour
• Be willing to lead a subject or an improvement initiative at whole school level
The Beacon Centre is a Pupil Referral Unit which educates pupils from KS1 to KS4.
We can offer:
• A supportive environment in which you can make a significant impact and further develop professionally
• An exciting team committed to self evaluation
• Supportive and committed Governors, caregivers and community
• Unique, resilient and friendly pupils
The successful candidates should have the skills and ability to work across either primary and/or secondary. Please state your area of expertise and a preference for primary or secondary teaching on the application form.
Applicants who are shortlisted would be required for a lesson observation.
Tours of the School are welcome and applicants are requested to contact Mr Dominick Gray, Acting Head Teacher, The Beacon Centre, Temple Park Road, South Shields, NE34 0QA. Telephone (0191) 454 6254.
Closing date for applications: Noon, Friday 14 May 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 19 May 2021
Formal Interview: Week commencing Monday 24 May 2021
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To apply for this post please download and complete the application form below and return this to [email protected]